Gold Label HydroCoco 60/40 is a mix of 60% Gold Label Hydrocorn (clay pebbles) and 40% Coco. The combination of these two horticultural substrates, and the long coco fibres, improves capillary action, provides a good base for fast root development and decreases the number of times you need to water compared to clay pebbles.
How to get the most out of your Gold Label HydroCoco 60/40?
• Gold Label HydroCoco by itself is an almost inert substrate. You need to add nutrients when you first water the substrate (use your nutrient supplier's recommendations).
• Unlike coco you need to flush the substrate first time you use it in order to saturate the clay pebbles initially.
Keep plugs or cubes wet after initial planting in order to prevent them from drying out.
• The recommended pH range is 5.2-6.5, however, this depends on the nutrients used.
• During the vegetative stage start with a lower pH (5.2-5.6) to balance the pH in your substrate, in the
generative stage move to a slightly higher pH (5.9-6.3).
• Vermicrop recommends using Gold Label Hydro nutrients on 60/40. These professional hydroponic nutrients contain
chelated micro elements.
• As 60/40 is a much more airy substrate than coco, you need to water more often, depending on container size
and plant uptake. 2 to 3 feeds per day are generally enough for 60/40. Small size pots and bigger plants dry
out the substrate quicker, so adjust the watering frequency accordingly.
• Vermicrop recommends using 60/40 with watering systems with drain. Flush your substrate regularly to prevent rest
salts from building up. You can use enzymes to flush or add them to the nutrient solution throughout the grow cycle.
• In a recirculating or waste to drain system, use 30% drain.
• If you recirculate your nutrients, make sure that pH and EC levels stay within range. Keep your grow area clean to prevent the spread of pathogens throughout your crop.
• Clean your tank and replace your nutrient solution at least every week.